Thursday, August 2, 2012

August

August marks a year since my first Esteem surgery. It's so hard to believe a whole year has already flown by. It's been a crazy, emotional, amazingly blessed year. Ill never forget the feeling when Sloan called to tell me about hearing the ad for the Esteem on Rush Limbaugh, and the feeling when I called the company to ask a million questions only to find out that the surgery was $30,000 per ear. That was possibly the most heartbreaking moment of my life......but I held fast and remembered and believed wholeheartedly the promise of God through the words of Ross while we were living in China "He who promised, IS faithful". The moment Lari came to us and let us know she felt led to cash out her savings, newly widowed I might add, I knew...........We all knew, 'God's got this!'. The rest of the story you all know, and even though they'll prob never see this.....thank you Ellen DeGeneres for your kind heart, thank you Envoy Medical for all the blood sweat and tears you guys have put into this miracle of a device, and thank you to all those who joined me in my prayer requests along the way. And to the one who will see this, Lari, thank you for believing, and listening, and trusting in God. You ARE the best mother in law a gal could have. Most importantly....thank you to Sloan.....the man who was gonna sell his kidney or do whatever he had to 'hell or high water' to make my dream come true. Thank you for standing by me, taking care of me, loving me, and being the man you are. God certainly broke the mold when he made you ♥

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, Thank you for sharing your story. I used your video of your first implant being activated during my message this morning! I was speaking on the Believer's responsibility to listen to God -- we seem to do a lot of asking things of God, but we are called to be Listeners too. I asked my congregation what it would be like if we heard the Lord so vividly -- how would we react? It's a beautiful video and it moved the hearts of people. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and I am so happy you shared your story. I wish you the best and may God Bless You more and more with each passing day. You are such an inspiration and you deserve so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I'm a writer working on an article about the communications effects of hearing loss on marriage, particularly how the dynamic can sometimes (sometimes not) change between a couple when a hearing-loss solution is implemented. I'm wondering whether you and your husband would consider being interviewed. I'd like to ask whether anything changed in your relationship after your implant surgeries--with the two of you, your family dynamic, etc. It's my hope that the article may provide help and a sense of community for others in the hearing-loss community.

    If you'd be interested in discussing it, please email me at hearinglossarticle@gmail.com. Thank you!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ini benar-benar informasi yang bagus dan membantu. Tolong tinggalkan kami up to date seperti ini. Terima kasih sudah berbagi. 먹튀검증


    ReplyDelete