Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Blah, blah, blah. Yep.

....It's safe to say we'll never know everything, still blessings we receive. And it’s safe to say I really don't know a thing, still I choose to believe.

And all the answers that I find, only take me so far down the line. The tracks always give out yeah it's a leap from the lions mouth.....
---------------------------------------------------
Taken from one of the songs I'm really stuck on right now. Dustin Kensrue rocks. This and his song 'Pistol' make me cry every time.

Anyways, I've been reading up on the YouTube video comments lately. Bad idea for the most part. I try to ignore it, but I can't help it. The whole 'God vs. Science' debate is running rampant. That and all the 'doubters' or 'haters' are getting old. I was driving around running errands for Sloan and he had left his I Pod in the truck, so I popped an ear bud in my ear and turned it on. Album titled "Americana Mix" really rocks my world right now. There's a song called 'Believe' and the above lyrics are taken from that song. They really spoke to me today...... 'it's safe to say we'll never know everything still blessings we receive. And it’s safe to say I really don't know a thing, still I choose to believe.'


On another note, people continually ask 'what are some of the weird sounds you've heard lately?', so I'm gonna try to start making a list. Lol. Here goes:

1. The sound of brushing my hair. Sounds like I'm ripping it out every morning when I get up.
2. The sound of scrubbing your head when you shampoo it, very weird.
3. Water in the shower trickling. I STILL check my ear every time making sure I've taken my hearing aids out.
4. Burps are still an odd sound.
5. My 4 year old has learned to whistle and bless her heart, it's an annoying sound! Just hate to burst her bubble, so I refrain from screaming when she does it. Lol.
6. Just gonna be honest, but my hubby's farts are quite impressive.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Sloan and I still play the 'what is that noise' game every day. And for some reason, I still have trouble discerning what direction some noises come from. Hopefully that will get better with time. Well, I'm off to get Oli ready for dance class. Have a great rest of your day folks!

9 comments:

  1. I have been without hearing aids since June because my hearing restored after a brain surefy I had had. Still, I check for my hearing aids to make sure they are out!!!!!! Haha....I am not alone, lol! I am the same with new sounds! The crosswalks near my apartment beep this obnoxious sound and I can hear it with windows shut. Sometimes I hear it and I am just like, "whoa, what was that?!" There is also a bakery nearby and I frewuently awaken around 3 or 4 in the morning because they slam the garbage lids. IT is a blessing, I must remind myself! I, too, cannot distinguish directional language.

    I am new to your blog...I am intrigued by your profile. I, too, lived in China. I am so curious about your story about your hearing and your testimony. I hope you have a lovely day!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only a mild hearing loss... just enough to need hearing aids. I know that sudden panic thinking you're about to dunk them! When I got my hearing aids, the first morning I put them in, I walked out into my living room and said to my kids, "Shhh, did you hear that? I can hear my bare feet on the carpet! Can you guys always hear your feet on the carpet?" Of course I got the "duh, mom... yes" looks, lol. I love reading your posts and I'm looking forward to your future weird sounds list.

    Don't let all the negatives / haters get to you... not worth it. :) Thanks so much for being vulnerable and sharing your heart... it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught your episode of NY Ink..and I cried. You have such an amazing story, amazing family. I don't know you, but I'm SO happy for you! Best wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    you deserve to hear what we all take for granted...don't ever let one person tell you any different. God wants you to hear, that is why he created the awesome medical team that made it possible. I am a nurse and I have cared for several newborn babies and toddlers that have had varying degrees of hearing loss and several are scheduled for cochlear implants, I hope to see the same look of amazement on their beautiful faces when they too can hear. I cry every time I see your video, the best of luck to you and your family. I will be praying for you on 1/13/12.
    Holly
    P.S. Your new tat is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really need a 2nd ear to accruately pinpoint the direction sounds come from, but it looks like you've got that taken care of.... ;)

    Glen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,
    Firstly, let me join everyone else in saying how moved I was by your video. Such a deeply beautiful moment, thank you for sharing it.

    I too was shocked with the weird ranty God/Science debate that ensued and I do hope you do your very best to rise above it.

    Secondly, it was such a shame that your husband turned the recorder off - surely the next most beautiful moment was to watch you hearing him for the first time? Now, I'm a comedian from the UK and this opportunity was too good to miss... have a look at what we did here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24VE_vrDJQ

    And good Lord did the majority of the interweb have a sense of humour failure about it! Love to know your thoughts and I do hope life is treating you well.

    Get a hold of me here:
    http://chrisgilbert.co.uk/contact/

    Kindest regards,
    Christopher x
    London, UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all let me say how much I admire you. I am a mother to 3 girls and the youngest 2, ages 3 and 1, have severe to profound hearing loss. My 3 year old has 2 cochlear implants and the baby has 1 right now. She will be receiving her 2nd one in the spring. It truly is a miracle and our family having a strong Christian faith, believes that God is behind us every step of the way. We are not trying to 'fix' our daughters. We just want them to have the best opportunities in life. They have the best of both worlds. It's up to us to guide them so they can use this gift they have been given. I write a blog about our family if you would like to visit sometime http://elizabeth.thestoryofmylife.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy for you. Screw those jerks on you-tube.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just caught your episode of NY Ink and immediately jumped on the computer to watch the video. amazing story, truly. sadly youtube cannot weed out who will view the videos.. best to just not even look. i (like many others) am so thrilled for you, truly. i could not imagine not being able to hear my son's voice.. so glad you can hear your babies! and now (thanks to your blog) i've discovered Dustin Kensrue ;)
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete